6 Tasks You Should Expect from Your Heating and Cooling Contractor
One of the most important parts of HVAC maintenance is air duct cleaning. As a rule of thumb, you should have your air ducts cleaned whenever there is mold growth, rodent or insect infestation, or when the ducts are clogged with debris and dust. If moisture gets into the HVAC system, mold spores may be released into the air. Dirty ducts can become a breeding ground for bacteria, mold spores, and other particles which can lead to poor indoor air quality. In order to prevent such situations, you must hire a professional heating and cooling contractor to clean your air ducts.
Finding a good HVAC contractor these days can be challenging. There are many companies that offer air duct cleaning services, but not all of them are as reliable as they say they are. In order to make sure you get the most out of your contractor, you have to do a thorough research before you hire one. Make sure your contractor is licensed and insured, has a good reputation, and offers quality services. You can also check with the BBB for any unresolved complaints.
Cleaning air ducts is not an easy job. There are certain tasks that your contractor must perform. Here is what a professional air duct cleaning service should include.
- All doors and ports must be opened so that the air ducts can be thoroughly cleaned and inspected.
- The duct system should be inspected for asbestos-containing materials. Such materials should not be disturbed during the cleaning process. If they must be removed, then a specialized contractor must be hired for the task.
- Your contractor must use high-quality vacuum cleaners that will exhaust particles outside the building. Another option is to use vacuum cleaners that are equipped with HEPA filters.
- All carpets and furniture must be protected during the cleaning process.
- Vacuuming is only the first step of a thorough duct cleaning process. Your contractor must also brush the duct surfaces.
- The final step is sealing and re-insulating all access holes.
If you’re looking for a heating and cooling contractor that can do all this for you, then contact Kyle's Heat and Air. Our company is located in Midwest City, OK, and you can find us at (405) 416-1912.